Wednesday, November 2, 2011

They are not forgotten- this Christmas


Last year, a thousand miles away from Manila, I sat in front of a doctor who reminded me who I am and my passion in helping the kids. It was a dying ember that silently grew again when I came back.

I don't know yet what are my plans are specifically for the kids,yes, I should do something concrete since I am doing this for 6, 7 years already. I need to do something concrete and while I figure out what to do, I am organizing again a party for a hundred or so kids this December.

This time, I invited a small church, Bible Christian Fellowship, who has been helping and discipling a handful of kids already in our community to partner with me in this event. They will be the one who will do the follow-up on the kids who would want to attend church and open their lives to Christ. Food and gifts do matter but what would bring a lasting change in the lives of the kids is Christ. And I noticed, the handful, about 10 of the kids who regularly attends the church behave well than most other kids I meet in the streets. We are praying that there would be a lot more.

So we pray that this event would be a catalyst to bring change in the community of Philcoa, one kid at a time. And yes, we do need your help. We need a lot of hands and giving hearts who would share even just an afternoon to bring happiness to the kids.

If you are interested to help me with the cause, please drop a message in my facebook account, my email address (lynnegl@yahoo.com) or call/text me at 09193583815.

Thank you very much for all your help.

2 comments:

Faith Salazar said...

Yay. Count me in. How old are they? Can we help them with scholarships?

lynne said...

4-14 years old faith! yup, that would be great. Let's talk about it more when we meet. Thanks faith ;)

 
visitor no.: | Design and Maintain by: ScReWfAcE